- MSc degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Keele University) awarded with Distinction
- Certificate in Relational Counselling (Relate)
- Certificate in Supervision (Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy)
- Registered and Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), the largest professional body for counsellors and psychotherapists in the UK.
- Accredited Member of the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
- Member of the International Coaching Federation
- Member of the Person Centred Association
BACP Accreditation is a quality standard for experienced therapists who are able to demonstrate high standards of competent and ethical practice. Becoming a BACP Accredited therapist involves a thorough application and assessment process that takes several months to complete. Accredited therapists are required to:
- work in accordance with the BACP’s Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (2018)
- hold professional indemnity and public liability insurance in respect of their work
- attend regular clinical supervision, and
- undertake continuing professional development (CPD) activities to keep up-to-date with developments in the counselling/psychotherapy profession.
I also hold an Enhanced Certificate issued by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).